Making Crispy Arancini At Home from Mushroom Risotto
So now that you have some "leftover" risotto, the best dish to make is some crispy arancini! Arancini is essentially crispy fried balls of rice with some oozy cheese inside. Not only is it incredibly delicious but it smells great too. It probably is best to make risotto the day before and then turn the risotto into arancini; otherwise it would take a long time to prep and eat dinner. You could also make everything in one go, but you would have to ensure that the risotto is cooled completely (lay it flat on a pan) before using.
- 2 cups risotto
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano (grated)
- 1 cup panko crumbs (more for rolling)
- Cubes of Provolone, mozzarella (or similar)
- Combine the cooled risotto in a bowl along with the pecorino romano and panko.
- Add the beaten eggs all at once and mix well.
- Once all the ingredients are incorporated, spoon 1 tablespoon balls of the mixture into your hand. Gently flatten out the ball into the palm of one hand and using the index finger of your other press the cheese into the middle of the ball. Using both hands cover up the cheese and roll into a ball.
- Place more panko crumbs into a bowl and roll the risotto ball in the panko crumbs.
- Set the rolled ball onto a lined baking tray. Roll the rest of the risotto mixture.
- To cook the arancini, work in batches (about 3 or 4 at a time) and fry the arancini in the deep fryer for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. If you don't have a deep fryer, fry the arancini in heated oil for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked, remove the arancini from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Top with more shaved pecorino romano before serving!
Oh yum!! These look super tasty. Do you think it would also work to bake them?ReplyDelete
Your arancini look wonderful, nice and crispy on the outside, melted cheesy goodness inside. We do the same with our leftover risotto :-) .ReplyDelete
goodness! how did I miss this awesome comment from you!!? I seriously need to fix the comment issue on this blog!ReplyDelete
I am attracted by the presentation of this article. This information about mushroom recipie.is really good. I really appreciate your work. It is a gainful article for us. Keep posting. buy shrooms online.Thank you.ReplyDelete
I am very happy to say that this is an interesting post. I learned new information from your article, you are doing a great job. Thanks for sharing this kind of blog. Buy mellow mushroom online in USAReplyDelete