Easy One Pot Fudgy Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a little bit of butter, grease the pan (approximately 8x8x2) or tray that you will be using.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, turn off the heat and add the cocoa. Stir until well blended.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time. Stir well after adding each egg.
- Stir in the vanilla, flour and salt. Try not to over mix.
- Spread the batter into the greased pan or tray.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes. To check if the brownies are done cooking, insert a toothpick into the middle. When it comes up clear it is done.
These brownies turn out great every time. I have even substituted gluten-free flour (Cloud 9 from Costco) and they turn out exactly the same!
I usually top mine with some semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also throw some into the batter so that they are more chocolately. Sometimes, I sprinkle the top with a bit of maldon salt. That is definitely optional but it sure gives the brownies a different; but satisfying taste! In the past I have also baked the batter in muffin tins (just double the recipe to make a dozen fudgy brownie cupcakes). As you can see, this is a super versatile and easy dessert recipe. I hope you make it!
Post a Comment
I love when my friends and readers post comments. If you do try a recipe, let me know! I would love to hear from you! You can also contact me through twitter or Facebook.
Your comment will be visible after I have the chance to see it (due to the amount of spam).