Beef Bone Tomato Instant Pot Soup
Beef Bone Instant Pot Soup
Healthy beef bone soup with black beans and tomatoes for the cold weather.
With winter upon us here in Edmonton, and well pretty much all across Canada I have been making this soup in the Instant Pot. It is not only great to warm me up but also to help increase my iron intake. This soup also becomes even healthier as my Mom suggests adding in a quarter cup of soaked black beans to increase protein and fibre.
- 3-4 beef bones (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 can of whole tomatoes
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1/4 cup black beans (soaked in water overnight)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Water (enough to fill half way up pot)
- Turn on the Instant Pot function to "Saute" mode. Saute chopped onions, beef bones and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off "Saute" mode. Add in the can of whole tomatoes and using a wooden spoon gently press down some of the whole tomatoes.
- Add in the soaked overnight black beans. You can choose to add the water from the beans if you want.
- Add in 1/2 tsp of salt. Then add in enough water to reach about halfway up the Instant Pot; ensure that you cover all the bones.
- Turn on the "soup" function. Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Once the soup is done the Instant Pot will beep to indicate that it is done cooking.
I make bone broth often, but I've never made it in the Instant Pot. Thanks for the reminder!ReplyDelete
I love to use the Instant Pot for bone broth, but never thought to add tomatoes - I like this idea!ReplyDelete