Easy Cranberry & Raisin Granola bars
Easy Flapjacks/Granola Bars
These bars were first introduced to me by my mentors P&R on sunday nights in London, Ontario when Pam would bring out what looked to us like Granola bars, but what she called 'flapjacks' in Britain. Needless to say they were delicious!
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/3 Cup corn syrup
- 4 1/2 - 5 Cups oats
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup craisins
- dark chocolate or milk chocolate bars or chips (your preference)
- In a heat proof bowl, mix sugar, butter, and corn syrup together. Melt in the microwave until it forms a consistent mixture.
- Mix oats, raisins and craisins into the bowl.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, spread the mixture into a rectangular pan. Use a spoon to flatten.
- Bake at 325F for 20-30 minutes.
- Take out of oven.
- Spread chocolate on top as it will be warm enough to melt the chocolate.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into slices before it completely cools and hardens.
- These flapjacks/granola bars can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Post a Comment
I love when my friends and readers post comments. If you do try a recipe, let me know! I would love to hear from you! You can also contact me through twitter or Facebook.
Your comment will be visible after I have the chance to see it (due to the amount of spam).