home cooked meals-pan fried steak and mushroom sauce
Certainly, there are a number of food items I would eat for dinner in Edmonton. From sweet potato fries & Po-boys at Dadeo's, to salmon sashimi at Wasabi or any choice of delectable desserts from Duchess. True, desserts are not dinner items, but it would be a good way to end the meal! Regardless, of all the vast array of choices available, I am a firm believer that the best steak is the one you make at home. So, that is what I had for dinner today. A nice juicy steak (again from the handy Sobey's downstairs for only $2) topped with mushrooms ($1) and accompanied with the potato, carrot & onion soup from last night (approximately $2). So dinner for two at home comes up to $10.
Recipe for Delicious steak
2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
steak (we used sirloin tip this time)
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Place steak in mixing bowl and add in chopped garlic
2. Ground pepper
3. Mix in olive oil
4. Start pan at high heat. Place some garlic in pan with olive oil.
5. Once garlic starts to sizzle, place steak in pan.
6. Sear for 1-2 minutes each side (depending on thickness of steak)
7. Place steak on plate, cover and let it rest while working on mushroom sauce.
200g mushrooms (or 12 whole mushrooms), sliced
1 clove garlic
1 tsp or 2 of cornstarch
1. Taking the same pan you used to cook the steak, add a bit of water to the pan.
2. Add garlic to pan and let it sizzle.
3. Add mushrooms.
4. Let mushrooms cook with the steak juice & mushrooms until desired softness.
5. In a separate bowl add cornstarch and a bit of water. Mix well.
6. Add cornstarch mixture to mushrooms and stir.
7. Continue stirring until desired consistency is reached.
8. Spoon mushroom sauce on steak and enjoy!
So true, "the best steak is the one you make at home". Hubby and I hardly ever go out for steak anymore unless our friends pick a steak place. Your steak with all those mushrooms on top look delicious. Although I'm not a big meat fan, occasionally I do enjoy a good steak dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe.ReplyDelete
Yum! When am I coming over to your place for dinner??? ;-)ReplyDelete