Recipe for Delicious steak
2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
steak (we used sirloin tip this time)
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Place steak in mixing bowl and add in chopped garlic
2. Ground pepper
3. Mix in olive oil
4. Start pan at high heat. Place some garlic in pan with olive oil.
5. Once garlic starts to sizzle, place steak in pan.
6. Sear for 1-2 minutes each side (depending on thickness of steak)
7. Place steak on plate, cover and let it rest while working on mushroom sauce.
200g mushrooms (or 12 whole mushrooms), sliced
1 clove garlic
1 tsp or 2 of cornstarch
1. Taking the same pan you used to cook the steak, add a bit of water to the pan.
2. Add garlic to pan and let it sizzle.
3. Add mushrooms.
4. Let mushrooms cook with the steak juice & mushrooms until desired softness.
5. In a separate bowl add cornstarch and a bit of water. Mix well.
6. Add cornstarch mixture to mushrooms and stir.
7. Continue stirring until desired consistency is reached.
8. Spoon mushroom sauce on steak and enjoy!