Chickpea (Gluten Free) Chocolate Chip Cookies
I also wanted to make cookies that has chocolate chips in them, since who doesn't love chocolate chips cookies? I find that these cookies are not overly sweet and the texture is pretty consistent and not crumbly. Friends and family also comment on how these cookies don't even taste too "chickpea" like.
If you want to make these purely without any white sugar, you can replace both the white sugar and simple syrup with a natural sugar. I hope you enjoy these as much as we have!
Ingredients (approx. 12 small cookies)
3/4 cup (96g) cold chickpea flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp white sugar
1/8 tsp simple syrup
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- I had made some simple syrup a few weeks ago while making mojitos. A simple syrup is made with equal parts wanter to sugar (1 cup hot water to 1 cup sugar).
- Chickpea flour can be found at most organic markets or at bulk barn.
- double the recipe so you can make more at once
- Mix chickpea, sea salt, baking soda and white sugar together in a bowl (in the picture above, the red bowl).
- In another bowl mix the simple syrup, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract together (green bowl).
- Mix all the ingredients from step 2 with the ingredients in step 1.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into equal size balls. I usually roll each ball of dough to 25g or about 1 large tablespoon.
- Gently press each ball of dough into a disk on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Space the cookies about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350F for 14 minutes or until golden brown. If you want softer or chewier cookies bake for 12 minutes. They will keep well in an air tight container.
Enjoy your cookies! These also made the most delicious ice cream sandwiches! Oh and did I mention that they freeze very well? Perfect for baking double or triple batches and freezing a batch or two for later.
|Homemade vietnamese coffee ice cream sandwiched between chickpea chocolate chip cookies.|