Stuffed Fingerling Potatoes
EarthFresh arrived in the mail last week, the first question was not: "Why are there two bags of fingerling potatoes" but rather, "What shall I create with them?"
Typically, fingerling potato recipes involve pan frying, baking, cast-iron baking or deep frying. After a full day of baking, blogging and packing, I was getting hungry and I wanted something different with a quick prep and bake time and obviously tasty. Cheese and potatoes always go well together, and fingerling potatoes are no exception to that rule.
- 1 small bag of fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 green onion sliced
- Lightly scrub and wash the fingerling potatoes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Using a paring knife, slice a quarter off each fingerling potato (down the length of it). Then, make a small trench (as pictured below). Gently pour the oil onto the potatoes and massage.
- Stuff the shredded cheese into each trench. Add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. I also kept the discarded slices and baked them with the stuffed potatoes.
- Bake at 450F for 20 minutes. Top with fresh cut green onion and another sprinkle of salt and pepper if desired. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
I was pleasantly surprised how quick these stuffed potatoes finished baking. The potato skin was slightly crisped and the inside of the potato was moist but not mushy. It went very well with the grated cheddar cheese and a simple seasoning of salt, pepper and green onion. I would certainly make this dish again as it came together so quickly. Admittedly we were slightly hungry when creating this dish so we wanted something that would be quick to put together. Also, because fingerling potatoes are smaller they don't need much bake time.
You could easily make this as an appetizer or as a side dish to the main course for your own meals. In fact, since we had some leftovers, the next day for a snack we re-toasted the stuffed fingerling potatoes and dipped them in a sriracha lime mayo dip.
Please note: You can comment as a guest! Just click on "name", more boxes with appear. On the very bottom left corner there is a checkbox that says "I'd rather post as a guest". Then, you can comment without having to use the Disqus part! Good luck and thanks for visiting!
Disclosure: I was provided with the Fingerling Potatoes from EarthFresh along with some kitchen items. Views expressed in this post including the creation of the recipe are solely mine.